Hope you all had a great Labor Day and extended weekend. We’re seeing that last of the “back to school” traffic slow down and fall start to occur. As often for September, October and November, buyers that are looking are serious buyers. They want or need to move and are not motivated by the “looky lou” reputation of summer buyers.
This year feels a little different coming to Labor Day vs. the past 2 years. We had 3373 homes go under contract in the past week in DFW and the week prior was 3837.
Let’s look at these two weeks over the past few years:
Here are a few things to notice.
- Our inventory has jumped substantially – to nearly 30,000 homes in some stage of the housing market. So, it’s imperative that you are the prettiest, most realistic seller on the block. The home needs to show clean, well staged (which is why we stage every one of our clients’ homes), and photography needs to be on point. The first impression matters most and we only get 30-90 seconds to WOW a client into loving your home.
- We’re discovering that a good 10% of the real estate market and growing want convenience of selling just as much as price. Thus, we’ve partnered with several investors and off market buying options that offer convenience and choosing your own closing date vs going on market.
- When we do this, as a seller keep in mind that convenience always has a price, however we can help minimize that some when we bid multiple investors against each other. And it still is a much more consultative and competitive way to go vs reaching out to some of these investors yourself.
- If you are interested in purchasing investment properties, don’t hesitate to let us know as our clients get first dibs on some of the homes that are available for purchase off market.
- We have no problem testing the market, just know that if we see something, we’re always going to be honest with you and then you can make your educated decision about the next step for your property.
You have a partner in real estate and we’re watching our client’s homes as if they are our own.
***We have a lot of innovative technology that will be coming out in the next 6 months for you to assist and ease your home management and real estate experience. Because we are in the top 1% in the country, you will get access to these perks first. Please keep an eye out for calls, emails or direct mail from us explaining how you can be a part of the first releases of these opportunities.***
Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to watch the market for you.
Cheers to a strong selling week,
Seychelle & Team